- Chat Now
- Chat online with a live operator from Fylde Council
Visitors and residents are attracted to the gardens to enjoy its pleasures as it is one of Fylde's premier sites. The site comprises of mature gardens and contains a range of passive and active leisure facilities for all age ranges. The Gardens are an example of horticultural excellence and are maintained to an incredibly high standard.
Lowther Gardens Facilities
- Children’s play facilities
- A café
- Lowther Pavilion
- Crazy golf
- Crown green bowling
- Hard surface Tennis Courts
- Floral displays
- Picnic area
- Rose garden
- The "Between Tides" flowerbed has been recreated and is now on display in Lowther Gardens. The display features an iconic shrimper's bike and uses sustainable plants to depict the sand dunes, sea and waves. The original display at Tatton Park Flower show won Silver Gilt in the Flower Bed competition.
Lowther Gardens History
Lowther Gardens is the oldest park in Lytham St Anne’s. The gardens cover an area of 5.65 hectares and were provided by Squire J Talbot Clifton in 1872 in honour of his wife, Eleanor Cecily Clifton (of the Lowther family in Cumbria) and in memory of her farther, who died in 1868. They were designed and laid out under the supervision of Mr Tomlinson who worked on the Clifton Estate for the benefit of the inhabitants and visitors to Lytham on what was previously poor grazing land known as Hungry Moor.
The Gardens were conveyed to the Council in 1905 and the Ordinance Survey Map of 1908 illustrates the layout. Most of the original design has been retained with the addition of the first pavilion in 1922, new entrances and car parking in 1936 and construction of the Aviary dates back to 1934. The pavilion was replaced in 1981.
Finding Lowther Gardens
Lowther Gardens are situated in Lytham St. Anne’s adjacent to the Lytham Green at West Beach.
Lowther Gardens West beach Lytham St Anne’s Lancashire FY8 5QQ