Request Your Information

Chat Now
Chat online with a live operator from Fylde Council

The Data Protection Act 1998 gives individuals the right to access information that the public bodies hold about them. Fylde Council is committed to complying with its obligations and making it as easy as possible for individuals to make a request for their information.

Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you can make a formal request for the following information
•clarification that your personal data is being processed by the Council
•a description and copy of such personal data
•the reasons why such data is being processed
•details of to whom they are or may be disclosed

The Council is allowed to make a charge for each data subject access request submitted, but does not do so.

You can make a request by email or write to us at the Town Hall, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire FY8 1LW. Your request should include your present address and copies of two forms of documentary evidence proving who you are. Such evidence could be either your passport or driving licence, a current council tax or utility bill or at least two other similar items including your name, address and/or a photograph.

You should also provide as much detail as possible regarding the information you wish to access. This will avoid delay in having to come back to you to clarify the nature of the information you require.

If your request relates to images on Fylde's CCTV system, please refer to the CCTV page of the website by following this link.

For further information about your right to make a request and how to make one, go to the Information Commissioner's website.

If you want to request information that is not about you, you should make a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.