Bus Passes (Concessionary Travel Scheme)

Chat Now
Chat online with a live operator from Fylde Council
Are you Eligible? (external link)
Check when and if you are eligible for free travel
Application forms (external link)
For free concessionary and disabled travel
Renew your bus pass

If you wish to apply for a concessionary travel card (Now Card) you can do so in on of the following ways:

  • Bring proof of age, proof of address and a passport sized photograph to Fylde Direct One Stop Shop. Please note Fylde Council don’t issue bus passes, it will be posted to you from Lancashire County Council.

You can apply for a concessionary bus pass when you reach the equivalent pensionable age for women. If you are not sure if you are eligible, please contact Nowcard on 0300 123 6737.

Senior Railcards are also available for £28.00 from Fylde's One Stop Shop only, again you will need to provide proof of your age,address and recent passport size photo, or take along your old pass if you are renewing.

There are three main changes which NoWcard holders should be aware of:

  1. From October 5th Disabled NoWcard holders from Blackpool, Blackburn with Darwen and Lancashire (Fylde) will be entitled to a 50p flat fare concession on local bus services before 0930 Mondays to Fridays on all journeys starting or ending in these areas. Travel before 0930 at weekends and bank holidays remains free to all NoWcard holders.     
  2. Travel concessions will be withdrawn after 2300 Mondays to Fridays, although these will remain on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.

For further help and advice, residents can contact NoWcard helpdesk on 0300 123 6737or visit www.nowcard.org

A Fylde concessionary travel pass holder will be able to travel free of charge on any Local bus service anywhere in England (not valid in Scotland or Wales).

N.B. Free travel is not available on long distance express bus services such as St Anne's to London. The express bus service companies do provide discounts to concessionary pass holders. You should contact the relevant operator for details.

Bus Pass Renewal

  • You can renew your pass on-line at www.nowcard.org
  • By calling the automated telephone line - 01772 539090
  • Or by posting the application to the address printed on the back of their form

Concessionary Travel Fraud

There have been several reported incidents of potential fraud with the concessionary bus pass system.  Customers have reported that they have been given tickets for longer journeys than they asked for.  By doing this the bus company can potentially claim more money from the scheme than they are entitled to.

If you are concerned that you have been given a ticket that is incorrect for the journey you have made then you should notify the lead officer at Lancashire County Council whose details are included below:

Mr A Varley- Information and Concessionary Travel, Lancashire County Council, County Hall, Preston, PR1 0LD.

The general number for all enquiries to the County Council is 0300 123 6701.

If you do suspect fraud it is important that you report it because this could put the whole scheme at risk for all users.

Returned Cards

Please return to the Freepost address printed on the reverse of the pass.