Small Business Rate Relief Scheme
- Chat Now
- Chat online with a live operator from Fylde Council
2018/19 Standard multiplier - 49.3p
Small business multiplier - 48.0p
These notes are intended to give a helpful outline of the Small Business Rate Relief Scheme, but they should not be regarded as a complete guide to the law.
Who will qualify?
1) Only occupied properties with a rateable value of less than £15,000 can be considered for the relief.
2) Ratepayers occupying only one property in England and Wales with a rateable value of less than £15,000 will qualify for the relief.
3) Ratepayers occupying or jointly occupying more than one property in England and Wales may also qualify providing the additional properties each have a rateable value of less than £2,900 and the total value of all the properties remains below £20,000. In these cases only the main property will be eligible for the relief.
4) Ratepayers who have taken on additional properties since 1st April 2012 will benefit from additional support which means they will retain the relief on their original premises for a 12 month period.
How much will it be?
1) All eligible properties (with rateable values below £51,000) will have their bill calculated using a reduced multiplier (e.g. in 2018/19 this will be 48.0p in the pound instead of 49.3p).
2) Eligible properties with a rateable value of less than £12,000 will get 100% rate relief.
3) For eligible properties with a rateable value between £12,000 and £15,000 the amount of relief will reduce on a sliding scale of 1% for every £30 below £15,000 rateable value.
We work out your bill by multiplying the rateable value of your property by the rate poundage, which the Government sets in April each year. The rate poundage figure applies to every property in England.
For example, the rate poundage figure for 2018/19 is 49.30p. If your rateable value was £20,000, we would multiply this by 49.30p and the amount you would have to pay for the year would be £9,800.60.
How To Apply For Small Business Rate Relief
Ratepayers should sign and return an application form for Small Business Rate Relief. You can do this by downloading and completing the Small Business Rate Relief application form at the top of this page and returning it to the Council. Scanned copies can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Council for more information.